
Here's a joke I heard while I was on exercise. For buddhists you have buddhism. For hindus you have hinduism. For taoists you have taoism. for rainbows you have... rainbowism!
I think some of you might be thinking "Um where's the joke?". You know, I think that was precisely the joke. Because after that the major just laughed his head off like it was the funniest joke in the world! I laughed too, but not because of the joke. I was laughing because of the sight of the staff sargeant trying to laugh along and failing miserably because the joke was just anything but funny.
I think its great that people working still try to be humourous, because they can hardly be said to have a sense of humour. But trying too hard is just sad. It shows that the person has totally lost track of what humour is, which also shows how out of touch the person is with people who actually have a sense of humour.
Onto my topic about people who have lost a sense of humour, I guess I can say half of the fans watching the current season of Singapore Idol don't have it. Why get so worked up over the current season? I mean it doesn't matter if the best singers get voted off. I mean it. Look at last season's winner, Mr. Taufik. What does he do now? Sing? Oh defintely not. The last time you saw him on TV he was probably plugging a 7-Eleven drink.

Oh yeah. I love 7-Eleven. Don't you love it too?
Which brings me back to my current point. Why are all you Idol fans getting into a twist just because of a certain Joakim who you think can't sing? For one I think he'll be much better at selling 7-Eleven than Taufik. That's what the Idol is for man. Selling 7-Eleven.
You really think Singapore Idol is for finding good singers? How stupid are you? If that were the case people would only be allowed to vote once per telephone number. The truth, which I'm afraid some people can't handle, is the whole competition is a popularity contest rigged to earn the most money possible for Singtel and 7-Eleven. Please. Open your eyes and use your brains. Stop voting for the singers. They aren't the people 7-Eleven are looking for. Singtel has already made sure of that. Your good singers would probably be much better striking out on their own now that the fake singing competition has given them a higher profile.
And you know how they tell you that you should vote more for your idols? That's all a Singtel conspiracy man. Its precisely the thing that's keeping Joakim in the competition and Mathilda out, while raking in huge bucks for Singtel. Let me enlighten you on how it works. By asking you to vote more, the one Mathilda fan will vote 150% more, but the 10 rabid Joakim fans thinking that their idol is in trouble will vote 200% more. Who wins? Singtel. And then they do it again till everyone's out of idols to vote for and Joakim's fans are out of moolah.
Next... they will then produce an album for Joakim, for which all these rabid fans will sell their accessories and work part-time to pay for. Who wins? Ken Lim. Nevermind that he "hates" Joakim's singing. Deep down he knows that the rabid girl-fans of Joakim will ensure that he laughs all the way to the bank. Nevermind the bad singing. Half the singers out there can't sing anyway. You just need a pretty face that cons little teen girls into thinking they have a chance with you and they will break the banks and overcome all odds come what may to make sure you will win Idol just so that you can sell more records, and make more money at their expense.
It rocks to be Joakim Gomez man. Just pity those stupid little girls.