Saturday, February 07, 2009

A series of random pictures from snow week.

It has been snowing really badly this week so I've been cooped up in Hatfield unable to do much travelling. However, I've had a nice dinner, visited the library, and I've endured another bunch of crazy hall parties. Endured because I wasn't crazy enough to join them. The kinds of games they were playing were just too much for me. Lol. And of course, it only ended after they decided to go to the nearby bar when they ran out of alcohol.

3rd Feb - Tuesday

Mich, Jocelyn and Dom helping to prepare dinner at Jocelyn's place. I was hanging around taking pictures and generally being a nuisance.

Mich, Dom and Jocelyn. See how Dom has already started to eat without waiting for us. Unglam shot for you Dom! This meal was a very happy one because we finally had like rice to eat after weeks of potatoes and pasta.

6th Feb
Random Winter Wonderland @ UH shots.

I have no idea why the shots always turn out so grey, but they do. I tried white balancing but its still grey. I even tried flash but its daylight so using flash is more than a little unnecessary. Perhaps I should get a DSLR like Qianqi but I'm pretty happy with my Nikon point and shoot.

Maybe the shots are grey because its really that grey here, or maybe its because its actually snowing but you can't see it. The air is currently filled with millions of little snow flakes. Anyway, this is the College Lane campus, where I stay.

And this is the other campus where I study, the De Haviland campus, which I take a bus to every morning. Actually the campus is behind me, but I took this shot because I liked the snow.


A really pretty bush I could not resist taking a picture of.

Me and Shola, my friend in journalism features class. He's from Nigeria and we spent half an hour talking about life in Nigeria and the conditions there. I do believe he's like the first black person I've ever befriended, which is like damn cool man. Lol. The building behind me is where I have lessons.

And this guy here with me is Travis, from Minnesota, USA. I met him on the bus back from Luton Town over a week back, and I ran into him again today. He studies Precision Engineering, and he plays the acoustic guitar really well.

And now, this is why I say Telford Court is party central.

Look at my kitchen. See how much beer there is in the bottles, on the table surface, on the floors. The floor was really sticky too because somebody spilled Coke on it. He must have been drunk while trying to mix a drink. See the other flat's kitchen behind outside the window? My flatmates like to call their friends from there using the extension phone, and they come over and soon the kitchen looks like this. Every night.

And here's a closeup. Notice the cards are in two different colours. The grey ones are soaked in beer. Damn disgusting right. The whole kitchen reeked of beer but I had to wash my bowl so I quickly did the necessary and got out as fast as I could. Can you see the speakers and subwoofer perched on top of the freezer too. Freaking awesome noise levels man.

The beer guzzlers are currently at the bar now, but they will be back at 1am and they will make a hell of a din. As usual. Makes sleeping early pretty pointless after awhile.