I normally don't use the f-word. I consider it very crass and I really hate using it. but sometimes, certain things in life just don't feel right if you don't use it. My physics tuition teacher used to tell me that if you need to swear just do it, don't keep it inside, because it eats you up.
This place is really shit boring at night. I have myself, 4 walls and my laptop, and nothing else. It's really akin to a jail sometimes. you reach a point where you're sick of chatting online, sick of watching movies and dramas, sick of sleeping, and there's work you don't want to do. You start asking yourself is there anything more to life than this. But thank the heavens for little mercies, like me being a guy so I can still go out at night. It doesn't make it any safer, but at least I know I can run fast. If somebody decides to conk me on the head and finish me off, that's really just my shitty life. But I'm one of those people who naively believes that they are destined to live long happy lives till proven otherwise. And no this is not an invitation for you to conk me on the head.
So I went for a walk to the only place with life in this area, ASDA the supermarket. and while there, I chanced upon the book section, and lost myself for an hour in there looking through blurbs, reading little sections of novels here and there, trying to pick a book to read. And after that I trooped over to Subway, which I do not really enjoy eating but it is about the only thing with veg. The guy who served me got my order right till the part when I said "No pickles please." He actually added more pickles. I went "No! No pickles!" And he proceeded to add more because he thought I said "More! More pickles!"
Honestly, I've never seen so many pickles on a sub in my life. I swear if you ate a sub with that many pickles you'd die. Pickles are that gross. I got him to clear every single last pickle off my sub before I agreed to pay for it. I didn't care that he gave me a black face. Well, a blacker face. His face was already black anyway.
Satisfied with my little jaunt, I trooped back to my hall, with book and sub in hand. This place is still shit boring at night, but at least there's ASDA.